Celebrate National Cookie Day with a Holiday Cookie Exchange
Gather your friends and family this year to share some of your favorite holiday treats with a cookie exchange. In honor of “National Cookie Day” on December 4, Taste of Home, the No. 1 food and entertaining magazine, has put together their top Holiday cookie recipes that will surely be the first to go from the swapping table.
If you’re looking to impress your guests this year, try one of these clever cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Reindeer Cookies - Add a touch of whimsy to your holiday spread with these chocolaty treats. Festive and delicious, they're perfect for getting little ones involved as well.
- Christmas Mice Cookies – These cookies will surely cause a stir with their mini ears and tails! But with its delicious chocolate truffle flavor, they’ll surely impress the palette.
- Peppermint Biscotti - Dipped in melted chocolate and rolled in crushed peppermint candy, these flavorful biscotti cookies are a sure-fire favorite.
If you’re pressed for time this season and don’t want to spend most of it in the kitchen, try one of these quick cookie recipes for something swift and sweet.
- Holiday Sandwich Cookies - This recipe is perfect for those looking for a simple, yet tasty recipe on the go. Frost one side of an Oreo Cookie and decorate with colorful holiday sprinkles to add a festive touch.
- Colorful Candy Bar Cookies – Spice up the store-bought cookie dough with this recipe. These sugar cookies have a delightful surprise within them – a snickers bar!
- Dipped Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies - This recipe is almost too simple to believe. Just spread peanut butter on round butter-flavored cookies, top with another cracker and dip in chocolate. Voila!
For additional holiday cookie recipes, visit www.tasteofhome.com