Acton Man Arrested on Warrant for Assault Charge
The following arrest information was supplied by the Acton Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
On Wednesday, Sept. 5, the Acton Police Department arrested a local man on a warrant.
Edward P. Oranga, 26, of 187 Great Road, Apt. C-10, faces charges of assault and battery.
In other police news from Sept. 5:
- Officers responded to Great Road for a report of an elderly man walking on the sidewalk at 2:39 a.m.
- Officers responded to Avalon Drive for a report of a missing person.
- A Main Street resident reported animals were stolen from a garage.
- A Hosmer Street resident reported someone received her social security check and would not give it to her. Officers spoke to both parties. A trail leading to the check could not be found. The woman was advised to contact social security to reissue the check.
- Officer responded to a report of breaking and entering on Hammond Street.
- A Great Elm Way resident reported hearing sawing in her back yard, thinking someone was trying to steal her kids' bikes. Area was checked and no problems were found.