Acton Police Responded to Over 60 Hurricane Calls
900 remain without power, police say.
The following information is from the Acton Police Dept.:
As a result of Hurricane Sandy the Acton Police Dept. responded to over 60 emergency calls related to the storm within the past 24 hours. Through a coordinated rapid response by local officials, emergency responders and the utility companies the results were much improved over last year.
The Town of Acton is still assessing the impact of this severe storm. Currently, throughout the Town of Acton 900 residents are without power. Please be aware that there are closed roads, downed limbs, trees, and wires down.
- Due to the damage caused by downed trees and power lines, the Acton Police Department would like to remind citizens of the following:
- Do not attempt to remove any downed trees near power lines.
- Do not attempt to remove any downed utility lines.
- Make sure generators are properly ventilated to reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- To reduce the risk of being scammed, deal only with licensed contractors.
- Those residents with extended power outages should consider food safety
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Public Safety Facility at 978-263-2911.