Car Into the Woods, Mulch Fire and More From the Acton Police Log
The following information was supplied by the Acton Police Department. Where arrests are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction.
The following was reported by the Acton Police Department on Jan. 20:
- An officer had to put down a opossum on Arlington Street.
- A vehicle was spotted off the service road at Parker Street. Officers followed the tracks until they exited onto Lawsbrook. Officers were unable to locate the vehicle. Reporting party did not have a description of the car.
- Officers responded to Windsor Avenue to check on a suspicious male who was walking up and down the street. Several people were walking in the area, but no one matched the description the caller made (red jacket with black and white stripes, grey hair).
- Officers responded to Great Road for an alarm from an ATM machine. The audible alarm was sounding but the ATM was not tampered with. The manager was aware and will notify the company.
- Officers were dispatched to Minot Avenue for a report of an unattended brush fire. Resident was spoken to, and said the fire would be extinguished.
- A caller reported a disturbance between teens at the skate park on Hayward Road.
- Officers assisted the Acton Fire Department for a fire near a building on Davis Road. The fire was caused by a cigarette disposed into some mulch. The mulch was watered down.