Five Things to Know Today: August 30
Five recent Patch articles where we want you input.
About this column: Where in Acton?
Where in Acton? is a contest where you have the chance to win a free large pizza from Acton House of Pizza once a week (cheese or pepperoni).
Here's how to win: every day, Acton Patch will post a photo of somewhere or something in Acton. You have to guess where it is. When you do, you win points. The person with the most points at the end of the week wins the pizza.
Here are the rules:
You have to sign-in as an Acton Patch user and leave a comment on the actual article telling us where you think the photo was taken. That means, it won’t count if you email me, or leave a comment on our Facebook or Twitter page. You have to place your guess in the comments section of the article.
It’s first-come, first-served. The first person to leave the correct answer receives the point. So if John Smith adds the right answer to the comments section on the article at 9:30 a.m. and Suzy Smith comments the right answer at 9:32 a.m., John wins.
UPDATE (July 23, 2012): From Monday through Saturday, Acton Patch will place a Where in Acton? photo on the site at 4:30 a.m. Send in your guesses right away; every day, the day's post will be updated with the name of who won the point that day. The person with the most points by the end of the week wins a free small pizza from Acton House of Pizza.
The winner will be selected by Acton Patch. A personal email will be sent to you for confirmation of your reward. The winner will be announced Sunday or Monday morning on the site (the last Where in Acton? article of that week will be updated with the winner's name).
If there is a tie, there will be a tie-breaker photo identification contest between the two contestants.
Be as specific as possible with you answer:
Here's an example of how to be as clear and detailed as possible: if I post a picture of the Town Monument in the middle of the Town Common, one correct answer would be: “That is the Town Monument in the Town Common.” Another correct way to answer would be: “Across the street from the Town Hall on Main Street, the big monument.”
If anyone has any questions or concerns about an answer you have given, please contact Patrick.Clark@patch.com.
Acton Five Things
1. How Big Of A Problem Are Drugs/Alcohol At Acton-Boxborough Regional High School?
- New national study indicates that drug and alcohol use during the school day is a bigger problem than previously thought.
2. School Bus Surveillance Cameras Implemented for Acton-Boxborough
- A new plan to ensure childrens' safety and well-being on their rides to and from school is now in place.
3. Brown-Warren: Do You Believe There's a War on Women?
- Trailing in the latest polls, Elizabeth Warren charged Scott Brown is part of a Republican war on women. Do you agree, or is this just a stunt?
4. McDonald's Halts Meat Purchases From CA Firm Over Health Concerns
- McDonald's, along with the federal government, is suspending meat purchases from a California company after hearing health and animal cruelty concerns, according to the Associated Press.
5. ANOTHER Mass Shooting. What's the Answer?
- A gunman opened fire this morning near the Empire State Building, the latest in this summer's gun carnage. What do you think the response should be?
, Five Things
, and Talkers