Five Things to Start Your Day: Dec. 11
A few facts, figures and tidbits to start your Tuesday.
Tuesday: Cooler with clearing skies. Morning temps in the upper 40s, falling into the low 40s by afternoon. Northwest wind 10-15mph adds a chill.
Wednesday: Sunshine and high clouds. Chilly. Upper 30s.
Thursday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 40s.
2. LET PATCH HELP PAY YOUR ELECTRIC BILL: It's simple. Sign up for our Deck the House contest. The winner gets $500 toward his/her electric bill. Sudbury residents can join by clicking here; Acton residents by clicking here.
3. SANTA RIDE AND FOOD DRIVE: Santa will visit the neighborhoods of Acton on Saturday from 9 A.M. - 1 P.M.
The jolly fellow will ride in a vintage 1936 REO fire truck, escorted by the Acton Fire Department. Be sure to bring your wish list. Santa’s helpers will also collect non-perishable food items for the Acton Food Pantry.
9:00 A.M. Oakwood Road and Fernwood Road
9:10 A.M. 32 Parker Street, Cucurbit Farm
9:30 A.M. Faulkner Hill Road at High Street
9:40 A.M. Robbins Street at Heron View Road
9:50 A.M. Beverly Road at Doris Road
10:00 A.M. Lothrup Road at Spencer
10:10 A.M. Joseph Reed Lane at Capt. Forbush Lane
10:20 A.M. Ethan Allen Drive at Black Horse Drive
10:30 A.M. Duggan Road at Townsend Road
11:20 A.M. Nashoba Road at Huron Road
11:30 A.M. Seneca Road at Seminole Road
11:40 A.M. Jackson Drive at Washington Drive
11:50 A.M. Musket Drive at Fife & Drum Road
12:00 P.M. Acton Memorial Library, lower lot
12:15 P.M. Acorn Park Drive at Walnut Street
12:30 P.M. Northbriar Road at Sawmill Road
12:40 P.M. Strawberry Hill Road at Pope Road
12:45 P.M. Bayberry Road at Magnolia Drive
12:50 P.M. Hosmer Road at Alcott Street
If your child is unable to meet Santa outside, Mr. Claus will make special visit to your house. To arrange a special visit or to obtain more information, call the Acton Fire Department at 978-264-9648 or email email@example.com. Look for us on Facebook @ Santaride.
* Times are subject to change.
4. HOLIDAY PARTY AND TOYS FOR TOTS: The Sudbury Chamber of Commerce will hold a holiday party and Toys for Tots drive today at 5:30 p.m. at Prudential Ursula M. Stephan Realtors.
All are welcome.
5. WHAT TO CELEBRATE TODAY: Today is National Noodle Ring Day. What would cooking be like without the noodle ring? We shudder to think about it. We are certainly relieved that the Noodle Ring exists, so we can cook them in one recipe after another. And, doesn't it make sense that we honor the Noodle Ring with its own very special day!?