Five Things to Start Your Day: Feb. 27
A few facts, figures and tidbits to start your Wednesday.
Wednesday: Rain and wind move in. Some wet snow early in the commute outside 495 and north of the Pike during the morning commute. Upper 30s to near 40.
Thursday: Raw with scattered rain showers. Highs in the low 40s.
Friday: Cloudy skies with a few flurries. Chilly & raw with temps 35-40.
2. AUDITIONS FOR ANNIE GET YOUR GUN: Theatre with a Twist has rescheduled the auditions for their 2013 All in the Family production of ‘Annie Get Your Gun’.
Annie is the best shot around, and she manages to support her little brother and sisters by selling the game she hunts. When she’s discovered by Col. Buffalo Bill, he persuades this novel sharp shooter to join his Wild West Show.
It only takes one glance for her to fall head over heels for dashing shooting ace Frank Butler, who headlines the show. She soon eclipses Butler as the main attraction which, while good for business, is bad for romance. Butler hightails it off to join a rival show, his bruised male ego leading the way, but is ultimately pitted against Annie in a final shoot-out.
The rousing, sure-fire finale hits the mark every time in a testament to the power of female ingenuity. Music & Lyrics by Irving Berlin, Book by Herbert Fields and Dorothy Fields.
This show is open to all age groups. Registration fee is $50. Auditions will be held at 278 Great Road, Acton, on Saturday March 30, 6-9 p.m.
Visit www.theatrewithatwist.org to register or call 978-302-0985 for more info
on this show and all our other productions.
3. DINNER AND JAZZ: Enjoy some live jazz music while dining at Paani Pure Indian Cuisine.
Jeremy Bernstein and Elliot Berman entertain with jazz music every Wednesday from 6-8:30 p.m.
4. ODD HOLIDAYS HELD TODAY: Today is No Brainer Day. By definition, a "No brainer" is dong something that is simple, easy, obvious, and/or totally logical. Therefore, today is the day for you to do all those "no brainer" tasks and activities. If a project requires thinking, study, or analysis of any kind, then its not the chore to do today.
- 1951 — The 22nd Amendment to the Constitution was ratified, limiting the President to two terms.
- 1973 — Members of the American Indian Movement occupied the village of Wounded Knee, S.D.
- 1991 — Kuwait was liberated in the Gulf War.
- 2003 — Fred Rogers, of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, died.
- 2012 — Ali Abdullah Saleh stepped down as president of Yemen after months of protests.