Ammo, Faulty Fire Alarms and a Horse Accident
The following information was supplied by the Acton Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. If anyone has a question about this police log, please contact me at Patrick.Clark@Patch.com.
- 3/20/12 - 7:59 p.m. - Great Road: Police and rescue responded to a report of a one year-old who fell off a couch.
- 3/21/12 - 8:52 a.m. - Hosmer Street: Someone who was staying at the Concordian Motel called the police to complain about speeding cars on Hosmer Street and School Street. He noticed this while walking his dog.
Ammo Found While Cleaning:
- 3/21/12 - 9:27 a.m. - Windingwood Lane: A woman found some ammo while cleaning her house. She asked police to have it be destroyed.
Low Hanging Wires:
- 3/21/12 - 1:26 p.m. - Minot Avenue: Comcast was notified for the second time about low hanging wires in the area.
- On March 21, around 4:20 p.m., Acton police and fire received a report of smoke coming from the lobby of 289 Great Road. According to Darlene Button, employee at Chiccarelli Real Estate, of 289 Great Road, none of the smoke detectors in the building went off. “Nobody called the fire department so I called 911 - I don't think anyone knew about it,” said Button. “Once the fire department was aware of this they were here immediately.”
- 3/21/12 - 4:22 p.m. - Great Road: Police took a larceny report and began an investigation.
Bus has Right of Way:
- 3/21/12 - 5:21 p.m. - Vose Hill Road: a bicyclist cut off a school bus.
Fell off a Horse:
- 3/21/12 - 5:28 p.m. - Breezy Point Road: Police and rescue responded to a report of a 14 year-old girl that fell off a horse. She was brought to Lahey Clinic.