Free Flu Clinic in Acton Today
Shots will be offered at 4 p.m.
The Acton Nursing Service will conduct a free flu clinic today from 4-7 p.m., at Town Hall, Room 204.
This is a walk-in service and no appointment is necessary.
The Town has listed the following facts about the influenza virus:
- Researchers have found the flu virus on some of the household items you utilize on a daily basis: Door handles, microwave ovens, kitchen surfaces, TV remotes, computer surfaces, cell phones, and refrigerator handles.
Here are some things that will help stop the spread of the flu virus:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizers.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. (Your fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.)
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting
The Centers for Disease Control has more extensive review for flu and what to do once you have it.