(EDITOR'S NOTE: The following was submitted by Eric Groves.)
Whether you are looking for a great book to read over the Holidays or a night out on the town, Acton’s local businesses want you to remember that what you need is all right here in Acton!
When you buy online your money goes elsewhere and stays elsewhere. When you go to the mall and shop national chains only 45% of what you spend stays in that community. But, when you shop at a local Acton business over 60% of what you spend stays in our community building and supporting the things that matter to us.
In an effort to demonstrate how local businesses support the local community, a number of businesses are organizing their own events in support of local charities for the first week in December. The are welcoming other local businesses to join them in declaring “It’s All Right Here in Acton.”
Local businesses running special promotions and contribution drives include:
- Willow Books: Dec 01 - Dec 02 5% of each children's book sold will help feed the hungry On Saturday, Dec 1st for each children's book sold, 5% will go to help feed the hungry through Loaves and Fishes.
- Happy Chocolatier: Dec 01 - Dec 02 10% of chocolate purchases that are $30 or more go to the Acton Food Pantry when a customer mentions this event. Additionally customers can enter a drawing for a gift basket.
- Kitchen Outfitters: Dec 01 - Dec 02 5% of Cookware Sales on Sunday, December 2nd, will be donated to the Acton Food Pantry.
- Colonial Spirits: Dec 01 - Dec 02 Purchase products from Nashoba Valley Winery, Still River Winery or Green River Ambrosia and we will make a donation for each bottle sold to the Acton Food Pantry.
- Teamworks: Dec 01 - Dec 02 Bring a canned good for the Acton Food Pantry when you come into Teamworks and we will enter you to win a free private party for your whole team.