As a Mass. Certified Teacher, if elected on Nov. 6, the members of the state senate caucus have already agreed to appoint me to the Joint Education Committee at the State House which has jurisdiction over all in-state public school matters (K-12).
I'll use my experience to help Acton, Boxborough and our State Senate District.
- In the State Senate, I will fight for increased state funding for kids with severe disabilities.
- I support ending special tax giveaways to corporations to free up monies for public colleges, state universities, UMass and advanced technical training programs.
- I believe reducing class size in the early grades is a priority.
- I strongly support the use of multiple measures to evaluate student outcomes and school performance.
- I support an MCAS Exam for U.S. History because learning about the Constitution and our Founding Fathers should remain a Core Subject.
To broaden the local tax base — which helps keep local property taxes down, my
Jobs Plan puts the middle class back to work because it simplifies our state
tax code, helps small businesses by freezing unnecessary regulations, and
provides more flexibility and consumer choice in state health care under the
bi-partisan MA Health Connector.
Dean Cavaretta (R-Acton)
Candidate for State Senate, Middlesex and Worcester District