The new season includes:
- “The Tempest,” on stage Oct. 25-Nov. 2, directed by Noah Simes;
- “Footloose” (musical, Jan. 31-Feb. 8,) directed by Linda Potter, with music direction by Jeanie Furlan, choreography by Liza Levy;
- “Paper Stars,” written and directed by A-B students David Nicholson and Rachel Karp (for drama festival, Feb. 26); class plays directed by students (May 2).
Individual tickets will be sold beginning one month before each performance. Season tickets are $45 each (a $54 value).
To request a brochure and order card, email ABDrama@comcast.net. Check ABDrama.org for more information.
2. The Acton-Boxborough Cultural Council is accepting applications for the fiscal 2014 grant cycle.
Individuals, non-profit groups, schools, libraries and religious organizations may apply for funding for arts projects.
Grant application forms and guidelines are available at www.actonboxboroughculturalcouncil.org or www.massculturalcouncil.org.
Applications are available online only, and must be completed online, then printed out and mailed along with supporting materials.3. In case you missed it: Below are links to each school's lunch menu:
- Conant School: September 2013
- Douglas School: September 2013
- Gates School: September 2013
- McCarthy-Towne School: September 2013
- Merriam School: September 2013
- RJ Grey Junior High: September 2013
- AB Regional High: September 2013
The price for lunch at Acton Public Schools is $2.75; the price at Acton-Boxborough Regional Schools starts at $2.50 with tiered pricing to $3.50. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals. To apply, fill out the application form each school year.
School begins on Aug. 27 for students in grades K—7 and 9; Aug. 28 for students in grades 8, 10, 11 and 12.
4. Acton’s Stevens back on bike: Professional cyclist Evelyn Stevens recently suffered a crash that knocked out her front teeth. Five weeks later, she's back competing. Check out her story here.
Friday: Sun and clouds, pop-up shower or storm, only 20% chance. Highs in the lower 80s.
Saturday: Super!! Sunny. Near 80 for most, mid 70s coast.
Sunday: Fantastic with mostly sunny skies. Highs in the low 80s - again "cooler" upper 70s coast.