In anticipation for AB vs. Westford tonight, I scouted the Westford Grey Ghosts Boys Varsity Basketball team. The notes are based off the Westford vs. Weston game.
- Dan Cornelius - #12
- Pat Teraphin - #4
- Troy Faretra - #24
- Eric McCord - #32
- Nick Lynch – #10
Note: #15 Justin Mount did not play.
Subs: Come in during 2nd quarter.
#14, #21, #31, #13, #20 all played,
however #14 and #21 were most prominent. Both were just role players.
Notes on Starters:
- #4 shoots a lot
- #24 – okay driver, not much dribbling skills, physical player
- #12 – solid defender, can’t shoot well
- #32 and #10 – 6 foot 3 inches
- Can both rebound well. Raw. Prevent offensive rebounding.
- Sometimes run full court man to man press
- Mostly run Half-Court zone trap 1 – 2 -2
- As soon as point guard brings ball up over half court, Westford forces you to one side of the court and two guys trap you.
- To counter this, have someone be on the sideline near three point line close by and in the middle of the zone (near free throw line).
Strategy for AB:
- Collapse the paint and force contested jump shots. The only player that has a legitimate chance of raining three’s consistently is #4
- Prevent fast break opportunities
- This is where Westford is at its best. Make them play in a half court set.