Where in Acton?
Where in Acton? is a contest where you have the chance to win a free large pizza from once a week (cheese or pepperoni).
Here's how to win: every day, Acton Patch will post a photo of somewhere or something in Acton. You have to guess where it is. When you do, you win points. The person with the most points at the end of the week wins the pizza.
Here are the rules:
- You have to sign-in as an Acton Patch user and leave a comment on the actual article telling us where you think the photo was taken. That means, it won’t count if you email me, or leave a comment on our Facebook or Twitter page. You have to place your guess in the comments section of the article.
- It’s first-come, first-served. The first person to leave the correct answer receives the point. So if John Smith adds the right answer to the comments section on the article at 9:30 a.m. and Suzy Smith comments the right answer at 9:32 a.m., John wins.
- From Monday through Saturday, Acton Patch will place a Where in Acton? photo on the site at 4 p.m. Send in your guesses right away; every day, the day's post will be updated with the name of who won the point that day. The person with the most points by the end of the week wins a free small pizza from
- The winner will be selected by Acton Patch. A personal email will be sent to you for confirmation of your reward. The winner will be announced Sunday or Monday morning on the site (the last Where in Acton? article of that week will be updated with the winner's name).
- If there is a tie, there will be a tie-breaker photo identification contest between the two contestants.
Be as specific as possible with you answer:
Here's an example of how to be as clear and detailed as possible: if I post a picture of the Town Monument in the middle of the Town Common, one correct answer would be: “That is the Town Monument in the Town Common.” Another correct way to answer would be: “Across the street from the Town Hall on Main Street, the big monument.”
If anyone has any questions or concerns about an answer you have given, please contact Patrick.Clark@patch.com