Need some inexpensive, creative and fun things to do this Fall with your children? Try some of my favorite “hang out’s”:
- Get a delicious frozen yogurt or ice cream from J.P. Licks in Wellesley and head on over to the Duck Pond where you can visit the ducks; bring a Frisbee, football and/or a picnic blanket and just hang out on the green!
- Go visit the Grist Mill at the and take that great family photo for your holiday card.
- Every Saturday until Nov. 19, 2011 on the Natick Commons, there is a local farmer’s market. There is also a lot of room for children to run around, get some good grub at a low cost and the Morse Institute Library has a wonderful children’s section that could keep your youngster entertained for a while.
- Take a beautiful ride thru the countryside to Davis Farmland in Sterling, Mass. You can feed and groom the animals, go on a hayride, pick a pumpkin and race through the corn maze. Hurry fast because their season ends the weekend of Sunday, Oct. 30.
- Bring your “oldie but goodie” childhood favorite story, “Make Way for Ducklings” and visit the bronze recreations of the ducks on the Boston Common. Take a ride on the merry-go-round and let the children run wild in the playground.