(EDITOR'S NOTE: The following was supplied by the Acton Police Department.)
On 12-12-12 at approximately 1:26 PM the Acton Police Department received a 911 call from a resident of Phlox Lane advising she had come down from the second floor of her home to discover an intruder had broken into her home and was observed in the first floor hallway. The homeowner was able flee her residence and provide the 911 call taker a detailed description of the intruder and his getaway vehicle. Officer Collins observed the vehicle on Great Road. A brief pursuit followed and with the assistance of the Littleton Police Department the vehicle was stopped in their town.
The suspect is identified as Patrick J. Loughnane, age 55 of Pepperell was placed under arrest on the following charges.
- Home Invasion
- Breaking and Entering During the Daytime while placing a Person in Fear
- Negligent Operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Operating Under the Influence of Drugs
- Failure to Stop for Police Officer
- Unlawful Possession of a Class B Substance
- Marked Lanes Violation
Loughnane was denied bail and will be arraigned at the Concord District on 12-13-12.