The following was reported by the Acton Police Department on May 18:
- A Partridge Pond Road resident reported seeing a bear in the back yard. Responding officer spoke with the resident but the bear was gone on arrival.
- A canoe was reported stolen from a Spruce Street residence.
- An officer was dispatched to Duggan Road for a report of a suspicious person. Person was a solicitor who was advised to apply for a permit to solicit. No other solicitors were found in the area.
- Officers responded to Horseshoe Drive to make a warrant arrest. Officers were unable to locate the wanted person.
- Officers were dispatched to Main Street for a report of a person on the train tracks. Caller thought the person should be incarcerated. Person was gone when officers arrived. Officers were advised person got on a train at West Acton heading toward Fitchburg. Fitchburg PD was notified.
- An officer responded to Great Road for a bear sighting. The bear was not located. State Police notified.