A Friday morning bomb threat at the Concord District Court led to the arrest last week of an Acton woman on multiple charges stemming from the incident.
According to an incident log from the Concord Police Department, an employee from the District Attorney's Office reported a disturbance at court around 11:45 a.m. last Friday, Jan. 10. The caller said a woman who was no longer at the courthouse had made threatening statements, according to the log entry.
Just after 5:30 p.m. Friday evening, police from Acton and Concord responded to a home on Maple Street in Acton, according to an entry in the Acton Police log. Rebecca L. Curtin, 48, of 68 Maple St., Apt. 18, was arrested and charged with making a false bomb threat and threatening to commit a crime, according to both departments.
A call to CPD seeking more information had not been returned as of late Wednesday morning. However, Concord Town Manager Chris Whelan included information about the incident in his most recent report.
According to Whelan's account, CPD Sgt. Joseph Connell and Officer Jeff Shelley responded to the report of a disruptive person at the courthouse, where witnesses said the woman was "making several threatening statements to employees, including threatening to set off a bomb.
"Officers determined that the subject had already left the premises and there was no imminent threat," Whelan wrote, noting the woman was later located and brought back to the Concord Police station for processing.