The following was reported by the Acton Police Department on Jan. 18:
- Officers were dispatched to Willow Street for a report of a suspicious car. A male party was spoken to and he left the area without incident.
- Police received a report of a deer in the road on High Street. Reporting party was unsure if the deer was wounded, but was visible on the side of the road. Highway department was notified.
- A Lombardo Loam and Gravel truck was reported to be stuck at the railroad gates on Martin Street and broke them. Reporting party gave a plate of the truck, but no matching record was found. Amtrak was notified. Transit police arrived with a crew.
- A deer was reported to be struck by a vehicle on Piper Road. Caller also reported the deer ran into the woods.
- Police investigated a call from Nonset Path about an illegal dumping incident.
- A female party reported being upset "about something" on Main Street. Caller was unsure of the reason and left before an officer arrived.
- Officers responded to Massachusetts Avenue for a report of an erratic driver. A female driver was reportedly driving a blue Matrix and was possibly intoxicated. Car was gone when officers arrived.