A call to the Acton Police Department on Jan. 31 regarding a domestic issue on Great Road resulted in the arrest of a Worcester man.
Officers were dispatched just before 4 p.m.
After an investigation was completed, Edward P. Oranga, 26, of 7 Lyford St., was arrested and charged with violating an abuse prevention order.
The arresting officer was Scott Krug.
In other police news from Jan. 31:
- Officers responded to Main Street for a report of downed wires that had caught fire.
- Officers were dispatched to Hayward Road for a report of a tree in the road.
- Officers were dispatched to Esterbrook Road for a report of a tree across the road.
- Officers responded to Spring Hill Road for a report of a tree that took down wires. NSTAR, Verizon and Comcast were all notified.
- Officers responded to Old Stone Brook for a report of a verbal domestic dispute.
- A caller reported a deer was struck on Strawberry Hill Road.