Following Superintendent Stephen Mills’s announcement
earlier this month that he plans to retire at the end of the school year, the
School Committee is ramping up for the search for the district’s next leader.
To that end, it’s looking for some volunteers to serve on an Acton-Boxborough Regional School District Superintendent Search Committee, which will meet from late October through February.According to Kristina Rychlik, a School Committee member from Acton, the Transitional School Committee has decided the Superintendent Search Committee should include:
- 1 Central Office member
- 3 School Committee members
- 1 Elementary Principal
- 1 Regional Principal
- 3 Teachers: 1 Region, 1 Blanchard, 1 Acton Public
- 3 Parents: 1 Region, 1 Blanchard, 1 Acton Public
- 2 Community members (one from each town)
Folks interested in serving on the search committee, should email a brief statement describing your background and why you would like to participate to one of the following:
- Maria Neyland, chairwoman of the AB Regional School Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dennis Bruce, chairman Acton Public School Committee, at email@example.com
- Brigid Bieber, chairwoman of the Boxborough School Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails must be received by noon on October 1st.