1. ABRHS PTSO Presents “A Parent’s Guide to the New Teenager:” On Tuesday, Nov. 5, the Acton-Boxborough Regional High School PTO will host Tony Wolf, author of the best selling and critically acclaimed “Get Out of My Life but First Could You Drive Me and Cheryl to the Mall, A Parent’s Guide to the New Teenager” and his most recent book “I’d Listen to My Parents if They’d Just Shut Up,” for a talk at the ABRHS auditorium. Get the details here.
2. Public Meetings Preview: According to the town website, here's the week's lineup of public meetings:
- Monday, Nov. 4:
- Council on Aging, 3-6 p.m. Acton Council on Aging
- Board of Selectmen & Sewer Commisioners' Meeting, 6:30-11 p.m., Town Hall, Room 204
- Acton Memorial Library Board of Trustees, 7:30 p.m. Acton Memorial Library Conference Room
- Planning Board, 7:30 p.m., Acton Town Hall Room 204
- Wednesday, Nov. 6:
- Acton-Boxborugh Cultural Council, 7:30 p.m., Blanchard Elementary School, Boxborough Library
- Conservation Commission, 7:15 p.m., Acton Town Hall, Room 204
- Design Review Board, 7:30 p.m., Acton Town Hall, Room 121
4. Magic by Bonaparte and Pet Videos: At 7 p.m. this Saturday, Nov. 9, the South Acton Congregational Church will host a "Second Saturday" evening of community fun for everyone featuring Bonaparte the Magician and pet videos. Get the details here.
5. Download the new Patch App - Whether for iPhone or Android - Patch is now at your fingertips!