1. Bobby Orr at Willow Books! Bruins legend Bobby Orr will be at Willow Books at 6 p.m. this Friday, Oct. 18 for a book signing. (No memorabilia or other items will be allowed.) You can purchase a book and numbered ticket beginning Tuesday, Oct. 15. Get the details here.
2. Public Meetings Preview: According to the town website, here's the week's lineup of public meetings:
- Tuesday, Oct. 15: the Commission on Disabilities at 10:30 a.m., the Planning Board at 7:30 p.m. and the Acton Public and Acton-Boxborough Regional School Committees' Negotiations Subcommittee at 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 16: the Cable Advisory Committee at 7:30 p.m. and the Conservation Commission at 7:15 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 17: the Acton Community Housing Corporation at 7 p.m. and the Health Insurance Trust at 8 a.m.
- Friday, Oct. 18: the Acton-Boxborough Regional School District Acont-Boxborough Transitional School Committee at 8:15 a.m.
4. Get Tickets Now to the C4RJ Film Premiere: Communities for Restorative Justice (C4RJ) has produced a nine-minute film that shows what the organization is all about. Tickets are available now for next week's premiere, which is free with advanced registration. Get the details here.
5. AB PIP STEM Monthly Meeting: AB PIP STEM (the Acton-Boxborough Parent Involvement Project on Science Technology Engineering and Math) will hold its monthly meeting at 9 a.m. this Friday, Oct. 18 at the Acton Memorial Library. Get the details here.