1. AB Field Hockey Play 4 the Cure: Acton-Boxborough will play its fifth and final game of the Play 4 the Cure series at 4 p.m. Monday afternoon, when the freshmen take on Bedford at Gates. Get the details here.
2. Public Meetings Preview: According to the town website, here's the week's lineup of public meetings:
- Monday, Oct. 7: Board of Health at 7 p.m., the Board of Selectmen & Sewer Commissioners at 7 p.m., the Cable Advisory Committee at 7:30 p.m., the Council on Aging at 3 p.m., the Green Advisory Board at 6:30 p.m., the Morrison Farm Committee at 7 p.m., the West Acton Citizen's Library at 7:30 p.m. and the Zoning Board of Appeals at 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 8: the Finance Committee at 7:30 p.m. and a Joint Meeting of the Acton Public and Acton-Boxborough Regional School Committees' Negotiations Subcommittee at 8 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 9: the Other Post Employment Benefits Working Group at 7 p.m. at RJ Grey Junior High
- Thursday, Oct. 10: the Acton Leadership Group at 7:30 a.m. and the Trustees of the Elizabeth White Fund at 9:30 a.m.
3. Gallery of Tastes: At 5:30 p.m. this Thursday, Oct. 10, the Powers Gallery will host its annual "Gallery of Tastes" event, offering a chance to build new connections while sampling foods, wines and beers from local purveyors. Get the details here.
4. AB PIP STEM Fall Nature Walk: From 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. this Thursday, Oct. 10, the Acton-Boxborough (AB) Parent Involvement Project (PIP) is hosting a guided nature walk at the Acton Arboretum for children in grades K-6 (accompanied by an adult) as part of its Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) enrichment. Get the details or sign our kid up here.
5. Solar Lunch & Learn + Networking Opportunity: This Saturday, Oct. 12, Sunlight Solar Energy will host Solar Networking Party at The Eastern Massachusetts Solar Store in Acton. The party will feature a presentation on solar energy options available to Massachusetts home and business owner. Get the details here.